English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Pictures gallery of Motorcycle and Asian Motorcycle. Hollywood Motorcycle most Exclusive video and photo gallery
Motorcycle 2011
Popular Post

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reader Ride. Clean R80

I'd love to find a rider in this condition.  Some folks are a LOT better at general maintenance and cleanup than I'll ever be.  Sweet Ride.

Anthony Writes in:

Hi Steve,

Thought I'd fire you some pics of my daily ride, which is an almost stock 1989 BMW R80.

I had been looking for an old R80 that I could pull apart, and do a Ritmo Sereno style custom job on. While looking, I came across this 20 year old (at the time) machine that was in pristine condition and had only 15,000km (9,320 miles) on the clock. The bike had a full service record, original books and all receipts. Although I was looking for something to customise, I took her for a spin and fell in love.


I guess the special thing about this bike is the fact that it in such original condition, the only mods are Staintune pipes and the BMW clock and voltmeter.

I still want to get my hands on a base bike to build a cafe racer from but at this stage I think it would be sacrilege make any changes to this one.

I've had a bunch of other bikes in the past but this one is by far the best city bike I've owned. After about a year, I'm still in love.


Hopefully it's not too plain and standard for MBPOTD.

Hell No!  Thanks for the Pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment