English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Pictures gallery of Motorcycle and Asian Motorcycle. Hollywood Motorcycle most Exclusive video and photo gallery
Motorcycle 2011
Popular Post

Monday, September 13, 2010

Update: (missed a good pic) Very Nice Low Budget Chop From the Netherlands.

More proof that you don't need big money or big horsepower to build a cool ride.

Bjorn Writes in:

He hello my name is Bjorn I'm 20 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm a regular visitor of your site. And i love it especially the frequent updates i digg. I have a picture of my motorcycle as well, hopefully you like it.

I bought it as a stock Honda shadow vt600 but right from the start i knew I was going to chop it. Because i dont like stock stuff in general. I bought this Honda because i wanted a vtwin but because of legislation here in the Netherlands you cannot ride a bike with more than 25 kW (34 hp) if you are under 21 years old. since i was 19 at the moment i had to buy a bike with this power restriction and this bike has 34 hp stock.
I tried to make as much of the components myself from the handlebars to the stainless steel exhaust, sidecovers and everything in between, because i didn't want to buy shit out of catalogs because everybody can do that. I could use the lathe and mill at my school to machine parts. And my little brother is a welder so he helped me out with that. Lots of time went into making a foot clutch and a tank shift. It worked in the end but after some test riding i found it to dangerous to drive here in Holland with the million roundabouts, so i changed it back to stock controls. I also had an open exhaust but i found it to loud so i tried making a muffler with a design like i had never seen on a other bike. It works very well actually. Also made my version of a sissybar.

I use it as my daily driver to school, work, friends you name it. i now you didn't ask for this whole story haha, but me personally, I'm always interested in the story behind a bike. At the moment the bike is nearly done, the riding season here is at its end so i can put the finishing touches on it like a muffler decoration and new pegs. I cant wait to start a new project.

greetings from the Netherlands!

Bjorn


 





No comments:

Post a Comment